Community of the Year
The Community of the Year Award is bestowed upon the builder whose project combines the best overall products, site, advertising, promotion, on-site presentation and architectural design. Judges will grade the entries in various different categories and the cumulative total score will be used to determine the Community of the Year.
The written submission should include an outline of why you believe your community is deserving of the Community of the Year Award, including information on the entire community (open spaces, recreation areas, site plan, logo, innovative streetscapes, etc.).
Note: DRHBA reserves the right to perform a project audit for finalists in this category.
The 2018 Awards of Excellence pertain to projects launched or ongoing in the 2017 calendar year. However, the project does not have to remain on the market at the time that the Awards package submissions are due. Builders, professionals, suppliers, manufacturers, trade contractors and any other DRHBA member are eligible to submit applications for the Awards of Excellence pursuant to the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA as of December 31, 2017 in order to submit an application.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA on the night of the Awards of Excellence in order to receive an award.
- All entries must be for projects active between January 1 and December 31, 2017.
- All projects must be located in the Durham Region.
Judges will be visiting your site on Wednesday, March 21 between 9 am and 5 pm;
make sure someone is there.
Closer to the date we will give you a more specific time slot.
1. Description of project
Maximum of 10 photographs showing various community aspects including architectural design and site plan.
3. Project Name
6. Postal Code
7. Date the project opened for sale
8. Who helped you?
Specify person and/or company (must be a DRHBA member company).
9. Supplementary Information Form
Complete the Supplementary Information Form, and upload as a PDF document.
10. Link to video (optional):
You may add a link to a video you have uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.