* Actual cost – all payments that the home owner has spent to finish the renovation or the addition (not just costs to the renovator)
The 2019 Awards of Excellence pertain to projects launched or ongoing in the 2018 calendar year. However, the project does not have to remain on the market at the time that the Awards package submissions are due. Builders, professionals, suppliers, manufacturers, trade contractors and any other DRHBA member are eligible to submit applications for the Awards of Excellence pursuant to the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA as of December 31, 2018 in order to submit an application.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA on the night of the Awards of Excellence in order to receive an award.
- All entries must be for projects active between January 1 and December 31, 2018.
- All projects must be located in the Durham Region.
Overall interior / exterior (as applicable)
Use of building forms & materials
Creative use of space
Functionality of floor plan