Please note a custom home is defined as:
1. The home is a single, detached dwelling
2. The home must be constructed and completed to qualify
3. The home is a one of a kind design and is not a minor modification of a production home
4. The home is only built once
The 2021 Awards of Excellence pertain to projects launched or ongoing in the 2020 calendar year. However, the project does not have to remain on the market at the time that the Awards package submissions are due. Builders, professionals, suppliers, manufacturers, trade contractors and any other DRHBA member are eligible to submit applications for the Awards of Excellence pursuant to the following eligibility requirements:
1. The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA as of December 31, 2020 in order to submit an application.
2. The applicant must be a member in good standing of the DRHBA on the night of the Awards of Excellence in order to receive an award.
3. All entries must be for projects active between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
4. All projects must be located in the Durham Region.
In addition to Builders, this category is open to all Architects and Designers who are DRHBA members in good standing whether the builder IS or is NOT a DRHBA member. The winning Architect or Designer of an award will receive the sole recognition for the award if the builder is not a DRHBA member.
- Description of project
Maximum of 10 photographs/images/renderings showing interior, exterior and surroundings (as applicable). jpg, jpeg, gif, png
- Clean copy of floor plan (PDFs)
- Image of marketing site plan - PDF
- Project Name
- Date the project was started and completed
- Who helped you?
Specify person and/or company (must be a DRHBA member company).
- Link to video (optional):
You may add a link to a video you have uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo to showcase your product.
Overall interior / exterior appeal
Use of building forms & materials
Creative use of space
Functionality of floor plan